What’s Involved in a CCTV Drain Survey?
Understanding the Concept of a CCTV Drain Survey
A CCTV drain survey involves the remote examination of drainage systems using a camera system to record video footage and capture essential data. This technology has become a valuable tool for efficiently, safely, and cost-effectively inspecting drains, culverts, sewers, and other drainage services. Additionally, the methods and equipment used in CCTV drain surveys can be applied to inspecting above-ground pipes, including soil stacks, industrial process pipes, rainwater downpipes, vertical chutes, dusting systems, and more. For instance, if your drainage system is susceptible to blockages, there could be a serious problem that should be addressed before escalating. This is what you need to know.
What is the importance of a CCTV Drain Survey to your drainage system?
Conducting a CCTV drain survey for your drainage system is essential in various ways, for instance:
- A CCTV drainage survey can enable you to secure quick and effective results. If you map the sewer lines, you can track where a drainage problem lies and not only uncover its cause but identify any potential issues that might arise in the future.
- Professional surveyors and engineers will provide you with a detailed report showcasing the drainage problem’s cause. As a result, you will have concrete information as to whether or not the blocked drain is your responsibility.
- The survey can also be used for preventative purposes or to provide evidence that the drainage system is in a good state before the sale of a house goes through.
So, what will it detect?
A CCTV drain survey provides a detailed report highlighting the specific problems detected during the inspection. The drainage inspection will capture essential data of your system, such as:
- Map of drainage system
- Pipe lengths
- Pipe locations
- Location of pipe defects
- Flow directions and flow rates through pipes
- Collapsed pipes
- Blockages and cracks within pipes
What equipment do CCTV drain survey specialists use?
CCTV Drain surveys utilise high-quality CCTV cameras designed explicitly for drain inspections. These cameras provide clear and detailed video footage of the internal condition of your drains and are used as part of the deliverable to support the report.
What are the common drainage problems to identify?
Various common drainage problems can be detected through a CCTV drain inspection and survey. Avoid long-term problems and issues within your drainage system early on by detecting the following:
- Blockages are caused by debris, grease, or tree roots
- Cracks and fractures in the drainage pipes
- Corrosion, leading to pipe deterioration
- Collapsed or damaged pipes
- Poor joint connections, causing leaks
- Tree root infiltration into the pipes
- Sediment or scale build-up, reducing flow capacity
Book Your CCTV Drain Survey Now and Uncover Hidden Drainage Issues!
Don’t let drainage problems go unnoticed. Schedule your CCTV drain survey today to identify and address any underlying issues in your drainage system. Our experienced team and advanced equipment are ready to provide accurate and comprehensive results. Take proactive steps to maintain your property’s drainage system by contacting us now and booking your CCTV drain survey.